Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Update: A Few Months in Review

Oh my goodness... I have been out of the blogging groove. I will try to catch up.  So here are some high lights and low lights.  LOL
 Going Backwards--- We traded in Big Red.
We are trying to "EMBRACE" it
:'''(
We are traveling to Kansas City weekly for follow-up appointments.
In July..
This happened:
Mr. Clark got a toe infection had to have it amputated. It's having trouble healing. The lasting effects of diabetes is irreversible. Lack of blood flow still has a big impact on healing.
We've been doing 6 week of I.V antibiotics at home.
This is his office at work.
Yes, a recliner to keep his foot elevated while he works.
July was NOT a good month.
I spent 1 week in the hospital as well. Grrrr.. Thought I was having a heart attack. It was just my gawl bladder but not bad enough to have it removed. I had a little oopsie and I passed out. For me, that means my heart stops and it needs a jump start. My ribs got battered trying to bring me back to life.  I was a month recovering.  The good news. I had a work over!! I AM HEALTHY NOW!

In June: We were able to take a LONG awaited trip to UTAH to see our family. Yes, Clark spent 3 day's in University of Utah hospital. He got a bug, and dehydrated again. It was NOT a good experience!!
I spent 1 month there. I was able to spend  a lot of time with our children and with our Grandchildren Clark flew home to go to work.  For me,  It was WONDERFUL!!


May: Was the only month that we didn't spend in the hospital this year! SO FAR

April: Our day's were spent in an out of the hospital for infections

March: In and out of the hospital for Dehydration

February: In and out of the hospital for Infections

January: In and out of the hospital for Dehydration. The secret of a transplant recipient is FLUIDS. Water, Water, Water. It's been a hard lesson.

Pretty crazy few months!!!

It has been a long road. We have been blessed that Clark's kidney and pancreas through all of this are doing GREAT. It has been a new life not having diabetes. It's such a miracle.


1 comment:

Unknown said...

So great to see another blog entry. I really should blog again. Maybe someday...haha. Lets hope for more milestones reached with even less trips to the hospital!