Friday, December 18, 2009

A Christmas Memory:

One of our treasured family events is cutting down a Christmas tree every year. This particular year Our Family went into the mountains. As usual I forgot the camera and video camera. Sure our little Tyrel could have been a BIG winner on "America's Funniest Videos" And so it was that we found the "PERFECT" tree. We proceeded to warn the kids to stay behind Dad as he cut the tree down. I will never forget the visual experience when the tree came down. Tyrel maybe 7 then, got below the tree and then we watched him roll over and over hanging on to the tree as the tree went down the mountain. Oh it was a memory we'll never forget. As for me, being a panicked mother checked to see if he was alive. Thank goodness he was safe! Then we laughed to tears. Actually it still makes me laugh to tears! Christmas tree hunting has been one of our best Christmas memories. And this year as I went to the local nursery and picked out a tree, I have remember those awesome day's of "TREE HUNTING" and how Christmas is about FAMILY and AWESOME MEMORIES...

No comments: