Saturday, October 29, 2011

THANKFUL: For our own afflictions

      We are blessed with our own trials.

 We think we have trials until we see an other's burdens, struggles and heart aches.
Is it a coincidence that we were able to see someone with problems bigger than ours this week?
Hmmm
Once again...
It is a blessing, and gives one a different perspective.
We saw a man this week at the eye doctor. While Mr. Clark was getting yet two more eye injections.
 (I think you might call what he has 'elephants disease') I'm sure what he is enduring is more than any could bear.
 I pondered his journey.
I should have went up to him and shook his hand.
And let him know I know he is one of GOD's Favored Sons
Oh I just wanted to go tell him what I believed about-
"The Great plan of Happiness" 
and how special he must be to face such challenges.
Why me? these questions answered here:  
and What I believe about our Bodies being restored to it's perfect form from the Book of Mormon:
Physical restoration. In writing of the Resurrection, Jacob taught the exquisite completeness of a physical restoration in which “the spirit and the body is restored to itself again, and all men become incorruptible, and immortal” (2 Ne. 9:13). Amulek also testified that in the Resurrection “the spirit and the body shall be reunited again in its perfect form; both limb and joint shall be restored to its proper frame. …
“And even there shall not so much as a hair of their heads be lost; but every thing shall be restored to its perfect frame” (Alma 11:43–44; see also Alma 40:23).


This knowledge brings so many hope.
   
We get comfort and strength from the trials of others.
Check out this song/video of one of my favorite christian song writer/singer called
Hilary shares Nies story and 

No comments: