Monday, August 11, 2008

Clarks Sick Toe...

Nine Days in the hospital with a Sick Toe, 5 more weeks of IV's, 6 more weeks after that of oral antibiotics. Diabetes takes it's toll... We are trying to keep smilin' so here's our humor in it all! Clark has a rubber chicken!! He occassionally threw it at a Nurse if she hurt him! And I gave the nurses permission to throw the chicken at him! He was smacking Nurse Nancy with it when she hurt him pulling off the tape on his Pic Line! Nurse Brenda was the Wound Nurse and she was Our favorite(our HERO!). We've had a lot of laughs with the 'RUBBER CHICKEN"!!!! When life gets you down---Get a rubber chicken! WE ARE HOME AND COMFORTABLE! I'm surviving giving the IV's and changing the bandaging. Clark said this morning "did you ever think you'd be giving IV's" I said NO... but it's kind of nice to know you can almost do anything if you have to." Clark is doing well and we are on the mend so I am going to conclude the daily updates. Thanks to everyone for you concern and prayers. We always are grateful what could have happened didn't. We are blessed. Just in... I recieved the best compliment of my life!! Clark told me I'm his cutest nurse!!!! Of Course... as he is my favorite patient! He also patted me on the back when I successfully passed off the "wound care" test and now I'm on my own. Never thought nursing would be my forte' j/k Hats off to all nurse's. Thank goodness it's temporary for me! Lots of work! I'll do it for LOVE!

5 comments:

Britt's Clan said...

OMG!!! Jark!! U make me so nervous. I hope your toe is doing better. Keep it elevated and listen to the doc! Let me know how it works out I am thinking about ya... LV Britters

Robert and Heather in Hawaii said...

Get Better Soon Clark!!!
(and good luck Sharon at being the nurse!)

Ess said...

Yay for getting to come home. We will keep praying for you.

Britt's Clan said...

I am glad to hear you are home. Good luck w/being nurse I have faith in you I know you will have no problems. I love you both. Take care.

Abygale said...

We'll keep praying for you!!! Hope everything continues to heal well! Thanks for your words of encouragement.