Saturday, September 13, 2008

Apple Crazy!

Yes, it is the season again for the best apples ever. Clark has already went through 2 bags of Jonathon's. Robert is right, Fall means good memories of apples. Just taking a trip up Huntington Canyon to Sealey's Orchard and buying boxes, and boxes of Apples! Which leads me to one of Clark's childhood memories of sitting up in Grandma Mills trees with a salt shaker and eating green apples. My memories of my childhood home in American Fork are picking buckets of little yucky apples and throwing them...playing war with our neighborhood friends. But more than that actually, I have good memories of going to the Mayne's apple orchard and picking and eating the best red delicious apples ever! Also the tradition of making Carmel apples every fall. I miss my friend Jill's apples, She makes Carmel apples to die for! I'm going to have to make some Carmel apples soon! Sept. 17th-- Just spent the day at the Dr. with Clark. I'm so excited... In one of the magazines it had *Mini Carmeled Apples- so cute! You use a melon baller to scoop a circle out of a Granny Smith. (16?)Put a small sucker stick in it and dip it. Melted butterscotch or peanut butter choc. chips. I would use real carmel. Set them in small muffin papers. Perfect size!

3 comments:

Terrence and Laura said...

MMMM yummy! We had a golden delicious tree growing up and used to pick the yucky ones off the ground and throw them into the lawn mower which we had someone tipping. SHHHH don't tell it's a secret, but it sure was a sticky, apple smelling fun time!

Robert and Heather in Hawaii said...

Stay safe with all that water. And... can I have your recipe for caramel apples? I've yet to be successful making a good caramel apple- meaning one where the caramel doesn't just fall right off the apple.

The Sanderson Fam said...

I love reading your blog...it just makes me happy. I love all the thankful posts. We've got so much to be thankful for. Glad you're not in the storm path. Seth was evacuated from the gulf all last month but transfers were last week so he's up north now. We found out from the mission pres he'll be coming home on January 8th. I can't believe it's so close! Erin