Friday, July 17, 2009

Memories....

The most important thing about this entry is the date: It is Nov. 5th 1987 this is what it say's: Ruff is our new puppy. He is black and white. I take care of him.Whenever I open the back door he sneeks in the house. Ruff follows me everywhere. Ruff really likes me. Ruff runs away sometimes. One day he ran to the pit and I couldn't find him. My friend Jesse found him. I sure was happy. (the pit--- oh! this was behind Our subdivision in Orangeville) Since being in Young Women now for a few months has been a good reminder of the good ol' day's! Our lesson last Sunday was on keeping Journals. Well this week the missionaries have been in Nauvoo so I've taken the week to DIG IN! In my searching I found Tyrel's journal. Now just so you know I won't share anything he wrote-- When he was an infant I started his journal and then when he was old enough to write he continued it. It is the sweetest thing. I'll include a few pages. I know that my daughter in law, Laura does the same thing and it will be a treasure to her girls. Well in this paticular journal I drew pictures and colored them. and then when Tyrel started writing he also included pictures. I found this entry: Ruff the Dog RUFF was a perfect addition to our family. Everyone grew so attached to Ruff. She lived to a ripe old age. When Tyrel went on his mission to New York , Ruff began to start showing signs that she might not live. Towards the end of her life we kept him in the house. Against all my rules, but Ruff got special care! Ruff could smile, Ruff would snuggle up to Clark and so we both fought for attention!! We have so MANY MEMORIES! Tyrel came home from his mission on Dec. 30th. Ruff lived long enough to welcome him home and then that day she passed away. It was amazing that she held on long enough to see Tyrel home. We felt it was a miracle. It's amazing how we get so attached to animals. They become such a big part of our lives.

2 comments:

Britt's Clan said...

Oh I love that!!! Tyrel told me that story and I still get chocked up... I miss my dog... :(

Ess said...

I know. I never thought I would react to the death of our dogs like I did but they do become family.