Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Finally a trek to Chase County!

Clark thought this cemetary does have Hollingsworth in it. Interesting that we even found it.A little hidden! Gave me chills when I realized the chance of locating it. Pretty secluded.
This is a registy with peoples names and addresses that visit this cemetary.
THis was just a predominant Catholic cemetary the tomb stones were amazing.
Ah a nice Sunday drive up highway 177 when we saw the sign CHASE COUNTY. I have wanted to go to "Chase County" ever since my Aunt pointed out to me that many of our ancestors lived there. It is located just next to to "Butler County" where we live! shhhh 20 minutes away!
So as we drove checking out every cemetary. Ah to see where my ancestores lived and died made me feel connected to them in a small way. Knowing that their blood runs through my blood gave me wonder what their lives were like! Wow beautiful area. We saw several cemetaries. One of them being a HUGE very old cemetary. One of them being near Cottonwood Falls(I'll be going back there). Wish I had more history. We will be taking another trip while I have names in my hand! Kinda made me feel I have a purpose in Kansas! " YES, I'LL FIND YOU, MY KIN!"

No comments: