Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Thankful Tuesday: For Fathers

This particular Fathers Day is one of deep GRATITUDE. Looking back on this passed year we have often reflected that things could be so different in our lives. A few months ago the Doctors reminded our son Terrence, how lucky he is to be alive. Being electrocuted back in Oct. could have easily killed him. We are reminded and thankful everyday that he still has a purpose here on earth or right now. Words cannot express our emotions for this blessing. Terrence is an amazing Father to his children. We feel blessed that he is here to enjoy his famiy. We hope for even more grandchildren:) He loves his family. It is evident in the time he has had away from them while his wife and girls have been here visiting us. It is evident in the way the girls miss their Daddy. Everyday Maddie Cake says, "can we go to the airport today to pick up my Daddy" Or when they are tired or hurt and cry out for him. They are his little angles. They love to fish, camp, and play with their Daddy. We love him so much for the son he is and the husband and Father he is in the lives of his little family. Three months ago a change came in Mr. Clark's health. Not only are we grateful for the miracle of sight God has given him but also for some of the feelings we experience that make us grateful for LIFE. Also, in Mr. Clark's struggles, in a small way he is more compassionate to what Our son is feeling because of his limitations. The gratitude I am feeling is that I have a husband beside me. I know that we should all appreciate and treasure every second we all have with our loved ones. I have recognized more and more things that I have taken for granted. One of them being the advice and counsel a Father offers to their children. He treasures the phone calls from his kids asking for advice. I know this is one things that I would really struggle with if something happened to my sweetheart. He is the Patriarch of our home and it is a power that I wouldn't want to live without. I have to say that there was also 2 times when our son Tyrel life was spared. Once at two years of age when he nearly drowned. Another time when he rolled a truck. We are so grateful that he also we be a future FATHER. We know we could be going through times of missing the fun he has been through out his life. I am Thankful for my own Father. I treasure being 'Daddy's girl" Thankful for Mr. Clark's Father who continues to be our only Father on earth. He has been there for us through thick and thin. Thankful to the Founding Fathers of our Country, For all those Fathers who have left a legacy of greatness. THANKFUL FOR EVERYDAY THAT FOR THE FATHERS THAT HAVE GONE BEFORE AND THOSE THAT IN OUR LIVES.
HAPPY FATHERS DAY!
WE LOVE YOU!

2 comments:

Terrence and Laura said...

I too am filled with gratitude for all the Fathers in my life. This time we're spending here is priceless and my wonderful hubby is making it all possible. I am truly blessed!

Sandy, Sisters of Season said...

Beautifully expressed . . our gratitude only brings blessings into our lives . . God Bless your family, Sandy:O)