Saturday, November 26, 2011

Thankful Season Day #26

100 %  for the Savior
In one of our church leadership training meetings we received a tab "100%" to connect to our key chain.

So my first reaction was. I LOVE IT!

Then I started thinking am I  "100%"


Am I 100%  in my prayers?

Am I 100% Keeping the Commandments?

Am I 100 % Tithe Payer?

Am I 100% in the Service of Others?

Am I 100% reading the Scriptures?

Am I 100% a disciple of Christ?

Most of my percentages did not equal 100%. Yes, I was beating myself up pretty good.
My conversation with Mr. Clark was, "I am coming up short"
His comment to me was, "that is where Grace and the Atonement comes in"
He makes up the difference.
Oh, I knew this, just needed reminding, and yes it is comforting.
 But I believe I can't just do what I want and Christ will cover my back in all things.
I need to  do my best.
If not, to me that sounds like a spoiled child that is enabled to continue bad behavior knowing  someone will always cover for him.
It teaches a child to be selfish, to learn to takes things for granted.
 Children that love their parents strive to be like them.  

I love the 13th Article of Faith
a principle of the  "The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints" 

It helps me make a huge effort to strive to be like Christ.
   

We believe in being honest, true, chaste, benevolent, virtuous, and in doing good to all men; indeed, we may say that we follow the admonition of Paul -- We believe all things, we hope all things, we have endured many things, and hope to endure all things. It there is anything virtuous, lovely, or of good report or praiseworthy, we seek after these things.



I can try, continually TRY and make my best EFFORT
 to shoot for 100% for the Savior
this is when I can be content to let him make up the difference.
 I'm THANKFUL for the Grace and Atonement he offers me personally. 

No comments: