Saturday, January 5, 2013

Old and New Year Update

It's been how long since I've posted???????????   A MONTH... A busy,busy month.
So this is the update:  Mr. Clark is doing pretty good although his legs (neoprathy) are continually getting worse. In order to survive he has kept his mind distracted on PROJECTS. The good thing is our house is getting improved. The bad thing is that I have been exhausted trying to keep up with him. He just pushes himself so hard. Beyond exhaustion. When he stops he can only stand. I will wake up in the night to find him sleeping while standing. He should have been a horse!
During this time we had a wonderful visit with the missionary couple that used to live with us. It is a miracle that they were able to travel to see us. Sharron nearly died a year back so to see her back to health was wonderful.
The downstairs guest room is complete! The painting is complete. (Unless I take on more rooms) We have new carpet in the Living Room, Master Bedroom and Guest room. (on the 21st of Dec)
We spent Christmas with friends and missionaries from our church. It was a quiet peaceful reflection of the Saviors Birth.
The kids were able to come home after Christmas. With the exception of Elyse and her family.
We enjoyed kissing on the grandchildren. The little girls loved playing dress up and having tea parties and playing in the hospital room (our dialysis room). Lil Daxton was a busy body and occasionally would sneak in the bathroom, close the door and  play in the toilet! Yes, he's two.
Tyrel and Danielle surprised us by bringing Hero. He was just as excited to see Grammy and Pappa as the grandchildren. What fun! (and I bet the next time they come we finish the back yard fence!
The boys were able to get some goose hunting in and we enjoyed New Years relaxing and yes while 'they' cooked the goose!
The Girls had a short day of lunch and shopping  and hustling home to get out of the snow storm.
It was a wonderful week.
Now as the New Year has begun I''ve just got to stop long enough to set some goals. I love, love this time of year. Whether I follow through all year or not I love to start new projects and be encouraged to improve in some small way.
This is what is sticking in my mind. I heard a story of a friend of a friend who was very ill and passed away. He actually was gone for 20 min. His near death experience was this:.   "Do Not forget that EVERY PRAYER IS HEARD.  EVERY,every prayer. He answers EVERY prayer" Do not underestimate this power. "
Sometimes phrases sound so... matter of fact. But when I heard my friend repeat this to me it struck me to the core. I've always known that God hears and answers prayers. I know his answer isn't always the answer we are waiting for. But I do believe that in the world today. We have to rely on his power more than ever. So this will be my goal this year. MORE SINCERE PRAYERS. 
I will pray more sincerely and more often for our children, family and friends.
Bless us all this year. Keep hope in your heart.  XO,  Sharon

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.