Tuesday, May 5, 2009

HAPPY BIRTHDAY SHOUT! to my MOM

A friend of mine on face book sent me a note today about my mom and her place in the adoption process of their little girl. Ah she didn't even know that it was my Mom's B-day. It brought back a flood of memories. I have honored my mother in all of her talents on my blog and so today on her B-day I will share with you one more of my mothers greatest talents. She worked for L.D.S . Social Services for several years. In this time, her blessing in life was to be of service to others. Whether it be a listening ear to the birth mother or coaching adoptive parents, homing new born babies until they were adopted, she had the job of her dreams. I cannot share any experiences... maybe one. It was when Mom was dying of cancer and one of the adoptive parents had a little girl that was born with no brain stem. The mother knew her baby wouldn't live long and brought the baby for my Mom to hold so that maybe Mom could be there to meet this baby in heaven. Mom was overwhelmed, she couldn't say that she could be responsible for such a task. Although she would have loved to , she knew God was in charge. This mother just wanted comfort. No words can describe the love and prayers my Mom had for these adoptive parents. She was GODSEND for a lot of families. Her talent was a caring heart and a life of service. At her funeral several adoptive families gave us three children a weeping willow tree along with a poem in Mom's honor for her service to them. To Joanna's Kids: As Joanna's mortal life draws to a close, we are reminded of the many attributes thse 'Snow Fountain ' trees represent for us: WEEPING BRANCHES: Her ability to reach down and pick us up as we waited for our little ones. GREENERY: He constant smile and stability amidst the questions and paperwork. BLOSSOMS: Symbolize each "new birth" welcomed into our homes. COLOR and EGGS:Recognizing her steady "planting" of Gospel Concepts. From: several families of adoptive families. THAT WAS OUR MOM! WHAT A LEGACY TO LEAVE HER CHILDREN! HAPPY BIRTHDAY MOM, I LOVE YOU, I MISS YOU, I'M GLAD THAT YOU WERE SUCH A INFLUENCE OF GOOD TO ME, TO MY FAMILY AND TO SO MANY OTHERS LIFE'S YOU TOUCHED.

No comments: