Monday, June 15, 2009

When the Sirens Ring

A Tornado captured just east of town.
When the Sirens ring in El Dorado it usually means take cover. Well the sirens rang, I ran for my shoes, my phone and then my 72 hour kit and took cover in the bathroom. THE POWER IS OUT! I think to myself. Manno how many times in one year have we used our generator.Then I realize Mr. Clark is no where to be found so I run upstairs and search. He isn't in the house... he is outside with the rest of the neighborhood watching the funnel clouds. The sirens stop and then bellow the SECOND time. Clark gets a call from the refinery. Tornado's are reported to have touched down on Haverhill road, just a few blocks away and the refinery workers are hunkered down. So I watched with Mr. Clark. ARE WE CRAZY? When the sirens blare the THIRD time. I am back in the bathroom waiting it out! This has been the routine of the season(s). And yes, I think I'm getting a little more courageous living here. One thing I am grateful for. WE ARE PREPARED! We have become so accustom to emergency's it is almost second nature to kick in SURVIVAL MODE! That is something in most other states you don't experience. LOVIN' KANSAS FOR THE LESSONS WE'RE LEARNING! Just like we said in LOUISIANA , "We can get through ANYTHING now!"

No comments: