Friday, September 17, 2010

HUMBLE takes on a new meaning...

This week has been very interesting.
Monday:
Adjusting to being home from vacation
with out my kids and grand kids:(
Mail, Bills, Grocery Shopping
Tuesday:
Moping
Face book/blogging
What to do,
What to do?
That evening?
Just as we were laying in bed about to close our eyes...
We got a phone call.
A lady needed a ride from out of the hospital,
a place to stay for the night.
Not knowing the situation?
Nervously
We went to pick her up.
She had NO family to call...
little did we know
NO HOME to go to?
Wednesday:
The person that might could pick her up
broke down?
I drove her to where she wanted to go.
Again
She just got out of the Hospital
she just had a heart cath.
A lady of 57 yrs of age.
NO HOME to go to.
I left her at the Library in a far away town.
It was hard to drive away.
I shared with her--
The need to find GOD
She shouldn't be trying to make things work on her own.
To make peace with her family.
And to LOVE ONE ANOTHER.
THEN...
I drove home.
In my nice new luxury truck
Knowing I had a roof over my head.
A family to call if I needed anything.
A husband to provide for my Luxuries.
Mr. Clark and I have
thought
and
thought,
and thought
about this woman.
That evening,
we had severe rain, tornado warnings.
We wondered.
Did she find a safe place to stay?
Should we have put her up in our home?
Through her choices,
she is HOMELESS.
I can't imagine.
I have more thoughts,
not sure I should express them.
I'm sad.
THE REST OF THE WEEK...
I AM HUMBLE
I will  remember her always.
My life will be forever changed.
Seeing an others burdens.
Remember her and people like her in your prayers.

2 comments:

Terrence and Laura said...

WOW! What incredible experiences you've had since moving from sheltered Emery County. That is eye opening for sure! We are all so blessed and most of it is because of the things we have learned through the gospel. Lucky us!

Sandy, Sisters of Season said...

Oh Sharon, count your blessings, our lives are full of seasons, you're in a season of blessing. For a while, it was hard there for you and Mr. Clark when he got so sick. I'm so happy for you that life is going good for you and family. It's looks like you guys have been having lots of fun too. Enjoy and rejoice and pray for that homeless woman, Sandy:O)

p.s. thanks so much for your prayers too