Thursday, November 25, 2010

Thankful Thursday: FOR THANKSGIVING!

Today is a flood of Thanksgiving Memories:
    This morning after skeet shooting with some of our church 'family' Mr. Clark and I were reflecting on Thanksgiving day's past. In a brief overview... some good, great and  really ugly times! Like the Thanksgiving our water main broke and all of our family and relatives spent a cold 2 days in the mud repairing it. Which adds to innumerable times we have been rescued by amazing relatives. *THAT'S YOU UNCLE BOB! UNCLE DAN AND GRAMPS. The Thanksgiving spent in the hospital while my father underwent emergency bi-pass surgery. Ooooo - the Thanksgiving Elk Hunting because I didn't want to celebrate after loosing both parents. (Sorry Kids, that was selfish of me. ) We all discovered how important family traditions are in our life.  Being together as family and relatives means so much. Among our favorite memories was Thanksgiving at Lake Powell. Elyse didn't think so (she is our  VERY traditional girl)  We recognized how 'BLESSED' we've been and the wonderful memories we share. 
We are all so FORTUNATE to live in this land where so many have sacrificed so much for our COMFORT.  For the FREEDOMS we enjoy. To live in a time where we have the technology we have. Among my many blessings I have to say. I am THANKFUL for my new friends along with those life-long friends. For My special friend, Nita. Life is full of  "IT WILL BE OK" because of you!  She's stuck by my side through all the GOOD and really BAD! I am so so Blessed.  My blogger friends are so much a part of my life. My life is far better for the connection we've shared. To Marianne and SandyO. Thank you for sharing your life with me. You make a difference to me EVERYDAY. Some day I hope to meet both of you.  I  feel blessed to have had the opportunity to live in different states that have allowed us to have some amazing people in our lives.
   So THANKFUL for the family we have. I feel so fortunate to have the association with all of our extended family that have been  so close to us. So, so blessed to have the children I have. They are and always will be our PRIDE and STRENGTH. So Blessed to have a husband with a kind, loving heart. Our journey together has been an adventure!
   So Thankful to have the Gospel of Jesus Christ in my life. For his Life and Death and Resurrection for us all.
   For all things I can't begin to list-- I AM THANKFUL!
P.S For those that this day is a very hard day. Our Prayers are for you. Have  a BLESSED THANKSGIVING MY FRIENDS and FAMILY. 
XO

1 comment:

Sandy, Sisters of Season said...

Love you Sharon . . Happy Thanksgiving! Sandy:O)