Thursday, May 3, 2012

Thankful Thursday: I'm not crying about a river!

Our evening routine of dialysis was just getting underway. Things were actually going really S-M-O-O-T-H. We cherish those moments too! I decided to go to the basement for a quick minute and L-U-C-K-I-L-Y I did. With my *deaf ears I heard the sound of dripping. And when I surveyed where it was coming from it wasn't a good place. In the spot light above the fireplace. Which meant... The upstairs bathroom was flooding. I ran upstairs and discovered that the drain line from Mr. Clark's dialysis machine, that is suppose to be secure in the toilet. Was on the floor. An inch of water had already accumulated in just 30 minutes. Holy, Smolly... I immediately realized that although the line popped out of the toilet, and we had a mess. It could have been much, much worse. If I hadn't noticed until dialysis was complete(3 hours later). Which we would have noticed when Mr. C went to weigh himself at the end of his treatment. The basement ceiling would have been destroyed. Shew, just minimal damage. Oh, I WAS so SOooooooo BLESSED TO BE PROMPTED TO GO TO THE BASEMENT. We recognize God's hand in saving us from yet one more stress.  I am not crying about a river, just a few drips!
FOR THIS WE ARE
THANKFUL!!!!!

1 comment:

Sandy, Sisters of Season said...

Hi Sharon, God's hand was definitely in this one. Hope the mess wasn't too bad to clean up. Sandy xo