Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Thankful Tuesday: Company

BACK TO BLOGGING!
We have had company since Easter
Oh it has been a wonderful thing!
Terrence, Laura and the Cutiecakes.
 Mr. Clark's Dad, Sis and Nephew, Niece and her family.
Because we have traveled so often we understand the sacrifice financially that it takes. We are even more appreciative and so THANKFUL  for these visits.
IT MEANS SO MUCH TO US.
Mr. Clark's Dad stayed with us for two weeks
I can't say how much we enjoyed him without crying!
He was such a great support to both of us, but to me especially.
Once Mr. Clark was on his evening dialysis. Gramps would go into his room to get a little rest,
and then when things got difficult-- 
 He would come out and sit with me. Usually between 10:30pm and midnight. Sometimes between 1:00 and 2:00 am
So when he left I felt my support team/cheerleader/comforter- left too.
Tears.
I know it's hard to understand.
This dialysis is so emotionally draining.
We talk about how close to death he can be and it is terrifying.
Just one more reason we will be so APPRECIATIVE of getting back to health. If it is Gods plan for Clark.
During this time 
Gramps wanted to see Oklahoma
so we drove 3 hours had lunch...
had plans to see the Oklahoma Memorial and the Cowboy Museum
BUT...
After lunch
WE GOT A PHONE CALL!
Mr. Clark was on standby for a *kidney in Kansas City
SOoooooooooooooo
We immediately hustled home.
It was pretty exciting!
And nerve racking too!
It would have been a miracle to have Mr. Clark's Dad here during this time.
Behind the scenes...
Mr. C got sick with anxiety and we had a 'little' argument about taking Pepto Bismol
He just wouldn't travel well with this problem !
And I was right about NOT taking anything but I didn't win! Gramps was on Clark's side! I think he spoke from experience... 
(we will know better for the next phone call!)
We made it home and received calls all night that they were still WAITING to hear about the cross matches.
You see, they had 2 kidneys
Both recipients matched.
at 10:30pm we heard the words 'not this time' 
The very exciting part is that we are getting closer.
Which means--
WE WILL NOT BE VACATIONING THIS SUMMER unless it is for transplant!
School is out and I'm home!
SO EXCITED to have some TIME!
NOW WE NEED MORE  COMPANY!!!!!!!
Family is everything.
For this WE ARE THANKFUL!

LET THE SUMMER BEGIN!

2 comments:

Sandy, Sisters of Season said...

Endurance . . . this word completely describes you Sharon. Our God is a God of restoration and he sees everything we endure and go through. I'm sure he smiles every time he looks down upon you, I know because you inspire me to endure and keep going. Hugs, Sandy xo

Jill Walker said...

I have said it before and I will say it again, you are simply amazing Sharon!! You inspire me constantly. Love you!