Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Thankful Tuesday: Rock a bye Memories!

I couldn't be truthful if I didn't admit I have had the blues this past week. Missing my kids and grand kids. Worried about my husband and very, very wore down. This past weekend I had a 'I WANT MY MOM' moment. Of course her birthday is coming up. So I have been reflecting on conversations we shared. So glad these memories stay fresh and that I can reflect on them when I need to. It has been 15yrs. since her passing.  I still vividly remember times when she listened, listened to me ramble on... I could poor my heart out. Whether she agreed with me or not. She listened. After I was finished she would lovingly give me suggestions, cry with me and in her special 'MOM' lullaby voice, rock-a-bye and sing that song in her special Mommy voice that would make you smile!  -- no matter the age. I really miss her.   (of course I do that with my own kids now)
I just wanted a rock-a-bye moment with my Mom. It has been a little while that I've had a sincere breakdown of missing Mom.  So THANKFUL I HAVE THESE MEMORIES in difficult times.

3 comments:

Meg said...

Oh yeah, I know how you feel. Momma made everything better. My Mom has been gone 13 years and I still miss her phone calls every day.

Sandy, Sisters of Season said...

Sharon, You are almost done here . . . hang in there. You have been so strong and inspiring. The enemy has just beaten you down, stand up on God's word. Give it all to him, he knows just what to do and what YOU need. You Mom is really all around you . . that's why she's coming up so much to your mind. When I'm at my lowest is when I starting thinking about Dave. Our love ones never leave us:O) I love this saying, found it on Pinterest, just when you think your life is falling apart, it actually might be falling in place . . . . love it. Sandy xo

Robert and Heather in Hawaii said...

Wow... That is so special to have such a neat relationship with your mom. I hope to have the same kind with Hadley.