Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Thankful Tuesday: Mayberry and Andy

Today among so many I am saddened by Andy Griffins death. I cried a tear or two.  He was 86, just 2 years older then my own Father. So today I reflected on the era of my parents. Memories flood of  Growing up with Mayberry and the goodness that that series offered all of us. The news said, "Andy was as much American as Apple Pie". It was the place he created: a small town where all foibles are forgiven and friendships are forever, full of characters who felt like family.  Isn't that so true. We grew up with Opie! and  Aunt Bee reminded me so much of my Grandmothers. I hope Mayberry's lesson's never get old and generations will continue to enjoy  a little bit of Mayberry in all of our lives. Takes me back to my childhood!  Andy Griffin you are forever legendary. Your voice, your smile, your life.  May you Rest in Peace. 

Andy's top-ten moments in mayberry!


SO THANKFUL I LIVED IN A TOWN LIKE MAYBERRY! HAD PEOPLE IN OUR LIVES LIKE   ANDY GRIFFIN. SO BLESSED TO HAVE LIVED IN THIS GENERATION.

1 comment:

Sandy, Sisters of Season said...

Sort of tugged at my heart today too . . . God Bless Andy :O)