Sunday, November 22, 2009

Another thought for the day!

While traveling to Utah, Mr. Clark and I were listening to a CD on taking Ownership. In the discussion the teacher was talking about looking back on our lives and seeing what was some of the best times. He said it wasn't all the vacations etc. but the hardest adversity they faced and the experiences that they had learned that made their family closer and better for it. WOW. Everyone on this planet is faced with adversity. It is building your life better from it. He said this most important comment. Note: YES, I am going to apply in my life. He said, instead of saying WHY ME, WHY ARE ALL THESE BAD THINGS HAPPENING TO ME (OR US) say, ***WHERE DO I (or we)GO FROM HERE. Making positive out of negative can make all the difference. LOVE IT!

4 comments:

Deby said...

I am touched by your pleadings with the Lord for comfort and help. While not knowing any details, I can only pull from our experience this past year. We prayed, fasted, and plead with every fiber of our being that our granddaughter would live and have a life with some amount of quality. My heart broke to see my daughter go through her trials. It is hard to place our lives and faith in his hands but sometimes we are called to do that. We have certainly been aided by so many who joined their faith with ours and I believe that helps so much. He is there, and He listens, and He answers! We will fast with you. May God hear the pleadings of your heart. Deby

Sharon said...

Thankyou Deby, that means so much! XO

Deby said...

It certainly sounds like struggles are pouring down upon your family. We are thinking of you and pray time will help all things. When you are in the midst of it, it doesn't seem like an end is in sight, but things do get better. Some of our worst struggles our children have gone through have actually brought some of our choicest blessings, though we would never have believed it at the time. Hang in there and have a good Holiday despite all the trials. Safe travels back to Kansas. Peace and Blessings to your family. Deby Seals

Jill Walker said...

You never cease to amaze me. I learn from you almost weekly even though hundreds of miles separate us. You are in my thoughts.