Thursday, November 19, 2009

MY HEARTFUL, HUMBLE, THOUGHT FOR THE DAY!

There are just times when being HEARTFUL OVERCOMES ME ... I will always remain THANKFUL. Thankful even among ADVERSITY. At this time in our lives it is hard to watch others suffer. Especially when it is your own family members/children. Rivers of tears for them.

Today as I was listening to my daily discussions (Bible Study) on KBYU. I was humbled with the topic is Isaiah 58 on FASTING. Verse 9- Thou shalt cry and he shall answer "HERE I AM" It pointed out the extra effort of FASTING can ENABLE God to LIFT OUR BURDENS. I have always thought--that fasting one day each month( giving up 2 meals ) with a purpose was important. But today it hit me that PLEADING WITH GOD TO LIFT OUR BURDENS (through FASTING ) can be a GREAT BLESSING. 6:"Is not this the fast that I have chosen--to undo the heavy burdens and to let the oppressed go free."

Isaiah 58:8 " Then shalt thy LIGHT BREAK FORTH as the morning, and thine HEALTH shall spring forth speedily: and righteousness shall go before thee; the glory of the Lord shall be the rereward." *rereward meaning: HE HAS OUR BACK*

My Hope is that Our family will join with us on SUNDAY, Nov 29th, for a special fast to help EASE THE BURDENS of FAMILY MEMBERS. To HEAL them of their afflictions. And to BLESS the lives of all those who are in need will be our purpose.

SO THANKFUL that we have the SCRIPTURES to turn to. It's is GOD speaking directly to us. To help us get through the trials we face everyday.

2 comments:

Terrence and Laura said...

That brought me to tears. Thank you for your thoughts and your love. There are so many burdens resting on so many people in our lives right now. A fast is a perfect way to ask for our Father in Heavens love and blessings. Thank you!

Britt's Clan said...

I am not a religous person as you know but I am so in. I am willing to try and "trust" in my familys belief to see if we can move forward in a postive manner. I appreciate your faith and hopefully I can gain strengh from you can my cousins :)