Wednesday, July 7, 2010

10 Cent bunch of Bananas... I'm Baking!

Here is my REVIEW from the Sour Cream Banana Bread Recipe I made from All Recipes.Com. --- Eeewwww... The cinnamon in the bread and the dusting cinnamon ruins the banana taste. So I'll stick to my ol' favorite recipe. The dough was to die for so I thought it would be scrumptious. Sorry...
Yep, At Sam's Club they had Bananas 10 cents a bunch. So today, I'm making Banana Bread! Summer shouldn't be a baking time but this was a steal! I also found a different recipe on "allrecipes.com" I love this web site. I follow the reviews to choose recipes from,
I've found some great recipes. This one had a twist -
"Dusting the baking pans with cinnamon sugar gives these 6 (medium) loaves a gentle spice undertone." In my opinion: NOT... but it is a great idea for ZUCCHINI BREAD
Plus Sour Cream in the recipe makes it perfect. I love it! So I thought this one would be a hit. Not so much...
SO I ERASED IT
Back to my Favorite... Banana Sour Cream Bread
From: Nita
Sour Cream in this recipe works great. My moms recipe called for sour milk. So my friends recipe is so similar.
I love it
~It is tried and true~ Preheat oven to 375
. Grease 2 - 7X3 loaf pans (I have a medium pan) 1/2 C. Butter
1 C. Sugar
2 Eggs
3 very ripe bananas, mashed
4 Tbl. Sour Cream
1 tsp. Vanilla Extract
1 tsp. Baking Soda
1/8 tsp. Salt or not
2 C. all purpose Flour
1/2 C. Chopped Walnuts (optional)
Cream together: butter and sugar. Mix in Eggs, mashed bananas, sour cream, vanilla. Mix in Salt, baking Soda and Flour. Stir in Nuts. Divide into prepared pans Bake 30-35 minutes, until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.

1 comment:

Britt's Clan said...

It looks good!! I like the old recipe also but thanks for the new idea :)