Sunday, January 22, 2012

A Note to Myself:

Why can't I be like the 'widows mite'

 SEE HERE:  

Yesterday,
Mr. Clark and I had a date.
We went to the Saturday Matinee,
"We bought a Zoo"
(BTW Not really a kids movie) Mr. Clark liked the monkey and the snakes!
It's more about dealing with Loss and Grief.
I cried several times.
After, 
we went into Cracker Barrel and Mr. C pointed out this HUGE CHICKEN.
It all of the sudden seemed like such a PRIORITY
In my mind I started thinking how I could find a way to
'justify'
why I JUST HAVE TO HAVE IT!

At that point,


 The shoppers adrenaline rush-   I wanted nothing more than  to purchase this $69.99 chicken????
I tried to think of reasons I deserved it, save for it, come up with it.
sacrifice my big toe or something?

SO DUMB
(no, I didn't buy it)


My Point you ask?


I think/know my priority's are messed up!

The greatest gift of gratitude is in my tithes and offerings



I want the adrenine rush I had today. The 'do anything for a prize' attitude. 
I really want the greatest treasure of all?

To stand in God's Presence with a clear concience.
(I really do understand what I have given up by not seeking out the best gifts

Dedication and True Gratitude

I've got a long road.


So on to my New Years Goal:

Be like the widows mite!

 A note to myself...

Dear God,  You know what I need,

 I will show you my faith through my actions.

Bless me with desire and diligence .

Because I love you.









No comments: