Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Thankful Tuesday: A Lil' old Lady and and Lil' old Man!


And on to a NEW WEEK
Things are somewhat better!
Still battling a new infection.


 Monday we spent the day off as usual in Doctor Appointments. Thankful for business's  that are open on a Holiday! Our day was spent first off in Physical Therapy.
 No sleeping in!
This is paying off! Mr. Clark is feeling a lot stronger!
and...
We are challenging each other on the tread mill!
Double BONUS!
Then we met with nurse 'Barb'
Mr. C and Nurse 'Barb' (notice the bribe of protien bars!)
I love the little pat on the back she gives me.
She makes me feel confident as a caretaker.
For the next month:
A new series of IV IRON twice a week.
And our Nephrologist
Dr. J
who is GREAT.
Except for the fact that his latest remedy is
Keeping Mr. C grounded
Yes, Beware: T.M.I


(Lactolose is NOT his friend right now!)
14lbs weight loss in a matter of 4 hrs. means
Something wasn't right!
This is the life of a PD (peritoneal dialysis) patient

AND THEN:

On the way out...
We met a lil' Ol' Lady and a Lil Ol' Man
coming into the dialysis center.
Mr. Clark teased the Lil' Ol' Lady for stealing a wheel chair from the facility.
She carefully wheeled it out to get her husband.
She put on the breaks and was struggling to get the foot rests down.
I asked her if she needed help.
And in the STRONG, CONFIDENT voice she said,
"oh no, we are fine, but thank you for asking"

Ask me why this makes me cry? 

I immediately seen a 'fast forward' moment.
For one thing,  this is EXACTLY what I would say.
(The independent me)
For the second thing.
I had to reflect on her strength.
(at her age)
I know in my heart what their daily routine is.
It takes an enormous amount of energy.
Tears and more tears.

And then...
I had to feel THANKFUL
We  are YOUNG and have the strength and confidence
to get through this.
  Lately our mental strength has been challenged.
I'm definitely not always the STRONG person that I appear.
It's amazing that when I am down Mr. Clark builds me up and I for him.
*It's amazing how spiritual strength and physical strength go hand in hand.

TODAY,
THANKFUL
for meeting the Lil' Ol' Lady and the Lil' Ol' Man yesterday.
We can keep going on with COURAGE
BECAUSE WE ARE ALL STRONG ENOUGH!

1 comment:

Terrence and Laura said...

Love these awakening moments in our lives. Even I can't begin to imagine all the strength it takes but you are both such incredible examples of faith and optimism. Even in the hard moments! ;)