Tuesday, May 25, 2010

REPOST: Flash Back Friday Too: A "Rare" Life

This is just a random pic. My Dad, my Brother Kent, My Brother Blair, My Mom and Me!
Our Home in Amercian Fork, Utah. That my Dad built. I am blessed to have had a wonderful childhood. We never moved. A rare thing! --my own kids would have liked that! My Dad had the same job all his life. A rare thing, although we have been blessed in our married life. So far never going without a paycheck. My Dad actually had a guaranteed retirement( I think it was called a pension?) Hee, hee don't hear that word anymore! Now we are lucky to have a 401K. Divorce wasn't a word I knew about. I knew my parents weren't perfect, but I knew you were suppose to work it out and stick it out. A rare thing anymore. My Grandmother lived next door. I would love to have my grandkids next door! We had a life that was pretty secure and stable. No worry about Health Care, Social Security, Jobs. And loosing our Constitution! A rare thing anymore. A RARE LIFE!

3 comments:

Marie said...

I loved your mom so much. She and Ann Searle, and Kay Hall all had a good influence on my life.

Marie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sandy, Sisters of Season said...

Hi Sharon, What a blessed childhood you had . . these are definitely end times that we are living . . I give it all to God, I know he has a perfect plan for each of us. Blessings, Sandy:O)

p.s. I don't have Facebook, but my oldest keeps pushing me to do it . . another adventure I'm unfamiliar with.