Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Thankful Tuesday: for MUSIC

Since housing the missionaries for the 2 1/2 years I have played the radio (on my fav. country channel!) very rarely. The mission rules are: Missionaries can only listen to Mormon Tabernacle Choir or Gospel music. Especially since the Elders have been in our home we listened to this music constantly. The Boys have to always have music going. So when the Elders left our home. I thought WOW now I can listen to the radio. And somehow I couldn't do it in my home. Kinda felt wrong!!! The Spirit is different. I understand how the Elders have a hard time getting back to the world after they serve 2 years. I have a hard time listening to the radio unless its on a gospel channel. Oh, But I watch IDOL! So I guess that music on Tues. and Wednesday is playing on TV. I live in the Bible belt of the United States. We have AWESOME Gospel music playing on the radio always. I remember when I was looking for a home in Louisiana and our realtor didn't ever play any other channel than gospel music. She was so inspiring to me. A good example. I thought I was doing good to only play gospel music on the Sabbath. I have friends that only play gospel music in there cars as they travel. I get it! Not that I won't listen to any other music. I love the people I'm around. No one (no matter what their religion) keeps silent. They ALL openly praise his name. Not something I grew up with. They make a difference to me. Continually THANKFUL that we had the missionaries around us. Their spirit increased my spirit and their love of the GOSPEL OF JESUS CHRIST increased my Love. FOR THIS I AM THANKFUL! From the Mormon Tabernacle Choir: MY MOM'S FAVORITE SONG: "O DIVINE REDEEMER." MY FATHERS FAVORITE SONG: " HOW GREAT THOU ART" MY FAVORITE SONG: " I KNOW THAT MY REDEEMER LIVES"

2 comments:

Sandy, Sisters of Season said...

Sharon, one of my favorites, "How Great Thou Art", we sing that at our church. Listening to music that only praises God really does make all the difference . . when my kids were little I love playing "Praise" music and it's never left. It leaves a definite "peace like" environment . . it draws you closer to him. I love it. Happy Tuesday kiddo! Sandy:O)

Ess said...

I cannot imagine my life without uplifting spiritual music. I listen to alot of different religious music ranging from our hymns to a group called Casting Crowns (look them up on Youtube and see if you like them).