Thursday, May 20, 2010

Thankful Thursday: Assembly Required-- Challenged too!

It's hereditary! Yes, my niece, (from her earlier post on f/b) I should claim the prize of being 'the most' assembly required --challenged! OK, this is a hangup with me... I CANNOT READ INSTRUCTIONS--- I have very little comprehension. AND I am HORRIBLE at putting things together. I can't even untie knots etc. But things change when YOU 'HAVE' TOO! And things are changing because I am Mr. Clark's eyes. So we bought a hose reel (assembly required) It was pretty hilarious, as we sat in the garage and I tried to read the instructions to him, and we attempted to put it together. Honestly, there was laughter and tears! It was a scary thing for me. Can't imagine what Mr. Clark is going through. He talks to me about it. I try seeing what he doesn't see by taking off my glasses. For now we can depend on each other. Ya- We both feel fortunate. I am blessed that I don't have the stark realization that he is gone and I have to figure it all out on my own. And so vice-versa. He is so patient and I am thankful that we can be a team but also that he is teaching me a different role. I know that anything is possible. I CAN LEARN. I can gain the confidence to do the things I need to. In turn it helps him not seem so helpless. Today he was talking to a good friend of his that also lost his eye sight. Mr. Clark said, "hasn't this challenge brought you and your wife even closer?" and Ty said. "she is the key to the gate that opens my prison" This brings me to tears. HA-- thinking about it. I also feel he rescues me back! So thankful we have each other. Thankful to God to give me this heads up to be more conscious of things around me! So thankful for Lessons I am learning and 'Assembly Required' won't frighten me ... eventually!

2 comments:

Sandy, Sisters of Season said...

The purpose of trial is to learn . . I'm thankful that you see it that way, what a good servant you are. When we're in trial it is so easy to complain, but I don't want to let God down, because he has blessed us so much and I know you feel the same way too . . God bless you Sharon and your flowers look beautiful in the pic . . Sandy:O)

Britt's Clan said...

WOW!! Your so OPTIMISTIC I LOVE it!! I think it is sad and GREAT all at the same time that your experiencing "new" things in life. I don't believe we should EVER be totally dependant on someone but it is nice to see that people are still dependant on their spouses and that they can work together to "learn" and "teach" each other new things. Your both an inspiration to me in how GREAT you have handled all this and how much closer (if that was possible LOL) it has brought you two. I LOVE YOU both very much!!!