Monday, May 31, 2010

We Remember!

Just got word that my good friend and neighbor back home put flowers on my parents grave. She does this often. So touching. One day while in Utah, the kids and I were standing at her mothers grave when a man stopped by and said my name. It was my friends Father. He goes to the grave of his wife every day. His daughter told me that he can hardly bare the thought that his wife is gone. Even 5 years later. We had AWESOME MOTHERS. Being neighbors they were good friends and both of them great example's of great women. Yesterday in Sunday School we were on the subject of Ruth in the Old Testament. The subject was brought up HOW WILL YOU BE REMEMBERED? Great thought. The teacher pointed out that there is still time to change how we will be remembered :) YAY!!! Because this week has been a week of remembering our ancestors. I REMEMBER, and I'm Thankful for those who have went before us to make our lives comfortable and free. Here is a poem, my friend just posted that sums what I've been thinking this week...
The definition of Success:
By: Bessie Anderson Stanley 1904
" He has achieved success who has lived well,
Laughed often,
and Loved much;
who has enjoyed trust of pure women,
the respect of intelligent men
and the love of little children,
who has filled his niche
and accomplished his task;
who has left the world better than he found it,
whether by an improved poppy,
a perfect poem,
or a rescued soul;
who has never lacked appreciation of earths beauty
or failed to express it,
who has always looked for the best in others
and given the best he had,
whose life was an inspiration,
whose memory a benediction."
Discribes those people I love to a T, We will always REMEMBER YOU,
To Mom's and Dad, Grandma's and Grandpa's, Neighbors and Friends
who has passed on.
WE MISS YOU
WITH LOVE,
The Mills Family

2 comments:

Scott and Deby said...

Isn't it wonderful that our memories only strengthen our love of those who left such giant footsteps to follow. I know if my mother lives to be 1000 years old I will want her to live just one more day. I am so grateful for such good friends to share these warm and tender feelings with. Tell Clark Hi for us also. God Bless

Sandy, Sisters of Season said...

Sweet, sweet memories, thoses are the best, lots of love was there. Blessings!