Friday, January 30, 2009

Some One made a difference to me...

Today was Emily Lewis's Funeral. It was held in Emporia where she lived much of her life. She was I think --83 and lived such a good life. We have only been in Kansas for 1 3/4 years so we only knew her as a little lady with altziemers. I have been her visiting teacher for the passed maybe 9 months. I sat with her one day while her daughter went to a birthday party of her Granddaughter. The cutest thing she did was yell "Lloyd, Lloyd --- I L-O-V-E -Y-O-U. Lloyd Lloyd did you here me? Do you Love me Too?" And he would answer back, "Yes, I love you too" and then she would repeat it about ten more times. So sweet. Her mind was gone but still her life long love for her husband was crystal clear. Today at her funeral, we learned how loving of a person she was. What a tribute. The last time that we met with her (Heidi and I ) She said "I am going on a trip soon" How sweet that she could sense her time was nearly up. I'm so lucky to have been touched by her and her family. They are all kind hearted and loving people (it's in their genes) Luckily Melissa shared with me earlier what an awesome lady her grandmother was when they were growing up. I love to think that I know Emily a little better now.Their family has made a difference in my life. Also so lucky to be here where I have such GOOD FRIENDS! And in a crises we just pull together and work hard!

1 comment:

Jill Walker said...

Are you reading this in the middle of the night again! If you are like me, you over think things! It's awful, isn't it?!

I miss living out in the mission field where people lean on each other and need one another. It's not like that here. Everybody has family close by and so they don't reach out. I really miss that! Other than church on Sunday and my V.T. I don't have contact with any body in my ward. If I don't go to church, I could go weeks without talking to anyone in my ward.

I had such good wonderful friends in Washington and I have really struggled finding that here. The church and the people in the church are really different here. I sometimes wish I could move out of Utah again.