Friday, February 20, 2009

RECIPE for White Bean Chicken Chili

White Bean Chicken Chili Sharon Mills/Laura Mills 1 C. Chopped onions 2 celery ribs, chopped 2 cloves of garlic Saute and add broth and diced chicken and then remaining ingred. Cook 4-6 Chicken Breast in Chicken Broth -Diced(reserve all broth for soup or more broth to make 4 quarts) Add 4 cans great white northern beans, rinsed and drained. 1 can Corn 1 can Green Chilies 1 tsp. ground cumin ½ tsp. salt Pepper to taste 1 tsp. chili Powder 1 tsp. dried Oregano Can add Red Pepper Flakes or Jalepenos Top with Mont Jack Cheese and Sour cream when serving in individual bowls p.s. I'm not sure if this is the same recipe as Laura but she makes the best and it has become all of our favorite.

2 comments:

Terrence and Laura said...

AHHH thanks. You're so good to me. I actually ran into a recipe on food network.com by paula deen that is even better than the one I have made in the past. it is YUMMO!

Marianne said...

Your recipe sounds wonderful- I'll have to try it. I need to try something new. I'm stuck in a rut with my cooking!
Also, thank you so much for your wonderful messages of hope. I loved that talk in conference! It is so easy these days to get depressed about everything going on in our country. I try not to think about it too much. Yesterday, Glen Beck was talking about a "worst case senario" with our country and I had to turn it off. I normally love his show, but I just couldn't take that. Thanks again!