Saturday, February 28, 2009

BIG BIRTHDAY SHOUT TO MY DAD!

IN LOVING MEMORY: HAPPY BIRTHDAY DAD, I MISS YOU, I lOVE YOU, SOMEDAY I HOPE I'll BE WITH YOU AND MOM!
I had the chance to sit next to my Dad in his favorite chair, in his favorite room and have our last Dad, Daughter heart to heart before his long journey to heaven. (3 months in a coma after bypass surgery)
This poem reflects my life with my dad.
My Dad
Today I sat with him and we reminisced As we spoke of childhood days, his mine, Sharing golden memories That forever shine. "I cannot forget." he said And smiled "How I loved holding you when you were just a child," Then we laughed, Remembering moments, Not a few, so somber then but clearly comical in view. Looking back felt warm and fulfilling as I sensed my love and respect for him Distilling. He cried as he told me again of answered prayers, Of Faith in God, and the difficult trails His feet had trod, Making a path, not paved but easy to see... For Me. Sometimes I think My life is hard And it is. Not quite like his Yet laden with trials of my own. But that's okay. I've gained strength For Tomorrow By feasting on YESTERDAY with Dad. By Joy Saunder Lundberg

2 comments:

Ess said...

This is a very sweet post. Hope you are enjoying YOUR day.

Melanie said...

I stumbled onto your blog while just hitting next blog, next blog and LOVED this poem about you and your dad. I, too, lost my dad when he was way to young and I love the thoughts on the road, "Making a path, not paved but easy to see . . ."
How beautiful! I hope you don't mind me sharing this with my family. I love it.