Friday, January 8, 2010

FLASH BACK FRIDAY too!

I love Cammie's post on flash back Friday. And because my blog is like a journal for me I hope it will in years to come become memories for our family to look back on.
Here it goes!
This is OUR FIRST DATE! Check out Mr. Clark's BLACK LEATHER JACKET! To bad you can't see his "STILTS" which are 4" heels!!! ASK MY MOM IF SHE WAS FRIGHTENED WHEN HE CAME TO THE DOOR!
Pretty historical how we met and pretty historical how our first official date came to be!
ONCE UPON A TIME BACK IN THE GOOD OL' DAY'S-- There was two best friends who got together and said, "LETS HOOK CLARK AND SHARON UP! My friend and I were hangin' out with Todd S. and he said, "SHARON, I'm going to take you to meet some people. I said, "OK" So yep, We drove over to Pleasant Grove and I was introduced to Mr. Clark's Father and Mother. Then we cruised around a bit. And we decided to meet back in an hour and he would bring his buddy. First thing... YES, it has gone down in history that I was the forward one and grabbed Mr. Clark's hand. HE WAS SCARED TO DEATH! At the time he was such the SHY one! After we went for a drink and french fries, I think... The boys took us back to Provo where we were staying. Long story short we had been dancing at "UNCLE MARIOS" while staying the weekend there, and got bored! Any way. Mr. Clark was SO SCARED that I might attack him, he kept reminding me that he was about to be ordained an ELDER (see the website on my side bar for a better explanation) which in our church meant a higher priesthood ordination and he wanted to serve a mission. Well HELLO, for me it was like --" WOO EEE he is JUST FOR ME!!" To make a really long story shorter... After our sorta blind date he didn't call me ( a week hadn't went by) until a kid at his school wanted to ask me to Homecoming and asked Mr. Clark if he was going to ask me. Not really intending to Mr. Clark said, YES and hurried right home and called me up and asked me to P.G.s homecoming and the rest is history. Oh did I mention we are living happily ever after-- not without a few bumps in the road but HAPPILY!

5 comments:

Ess said...

This was awesome and fun to read!

Lynnelise said...

Sharon,
Thank you for your wonderful comment on my blog! Of course you can add me to the blogs you follow! (I'm going to have to see how to put that setting on mine - right now I just have "followers" - and you are welcome to count yourself among them.)

I like your flashback Friday. It sounds like something I might like to incorporate on my blog. (We ALL have those pictures!!)

Take care and enjoy the new year!
<><

Deby said...

Oh to the good old days! Now that is the Clark and Sharon I know and love! How lucky to have known you both back then. We had a blast in the "Social Club". You American Fork people were lucky to get in, with the private membership and all. haha. We had alot of fun together. I think we all dated everyone back then. There were truly many lasting friendships from that group and I am grateful for that. Lots of marriages came out of it and lots of friendships. Deby

Sharon said...

Oh yes, I do feel honored to have just known the SPECIAL people in the "Social Club" Ah... such good times and good memories! So glad you were in my "BEST FRIENDS" for life! You helped make him the awesome guy he is. Know wonder I snatched him up! XO Deb!

Sharon said...

Ok so that didn't make sense! But you get the jiff!