Monday, January 25, 2010

MONDAY RANTINGS: It matters to me

Yesterday in Sunday School we had quite the debate. I stand firm to the SIMPLE TRUTHS. The unanswered questions (that aren't made known to us in the scriptures or by prophets.) I don't like guessing or worrying about it. ** This person of strong opinions is emerging.... not sure if thats so good? I've never been so BOLD. But my opinion is --- I might as well be BOLD in proclaiming something I believe so STRONGLY! I DO love the simple truths we have available to us in these modern days through additional scripture and Prophets on the earth today. SIMPLE TRUTHS. Things that were lost in the Holy Bible while in translation are now restored with the additional scriptures we have which are found in the Book of Mormon, Doctrine Covenants and the Pearl of Great Price. These scriptures go hand in hand with the OLD AND NEW TESTAMENT. They TESTIFY OF CHRIST. THESE ADDITIONAL SCRIPTURE ARE TRUE There is so much confusion in religions about the "FALL OF ADAM" Fall meaning (they left Gods presence)This weeks lesson is found in LDS Living Magazine (click on it to read the article it's awesome!)makes it so clear that because we came here to the earth and have FREE AGENCY or ABILITY TO MAKE OUR OWN CHOICES. Adam and Eve had CHOICES. Why wouldn't they? That is the purpose coming to EARTH. As a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter day saints (aka the Mormons) I believe That GOD KNEW THAT SATAN WOULD TEST EVE. But she (Eve)also had FREE AGENCY. AND THEREFORE HE (GOD) WAS PREPARED WITH A GREATER PLAN. Because of their choices he( God) knew we must have a SAVIOR. Which puts into place the ATONEMENT. Jesus Christ paid for Adam and Eves Transgression when he died for everyone. And in addition to this (Concerning Adam and Eve) 2 Nephi 2 vs. 25 " Adam fell that men might be; and men are that they might have joy. "Also **We believe that men will be punished for their own sins and not for Adams Transgressions. (Article Faith #2) It matters to me...

1 comment:

Terrence and Laura said...

I also hate those debates, but it's so different to be at a point where you believe something so strongly that those debates don't have to make you so frustrated anymore. I'm almost going to miss those now...that i'm the new primary Pianist again.