Tuesday, January 19, 2010

THANKFUL TUESDAY: A small world

So today I am thankful that sometimes it appears we live in a small world! It's amazing how some 'coincidences' happen. Being able to stay home this passed few years has had its up and downs. One UP for me has been face book. Not only have I connected with long lost relatives, friends, neighbors and class mates but so many good things have come out of it. This happened just last Friday. My Aunt asked me if a picture I posted on facebook (at the Oklahoma Temple) with a lady named Mrs. 'Scribner' had ancestors in Chase County. Well, ironically I had just talked to Mr. Scribner at Christmas and he was telling me about his ancestors in Chase County and I was so excited to tell him I did too! So I knew the answer was YES! Then my Aunt (who lives in Idaho) but does work for Chase County, Kansas emailed me some info to give to them. HOW EXCITING! WOW I can tell you that this information was indeed some work that they didn't have! OH IT JUST GIVES ME CHILLS! SO EXCITED that we can connect with the past. And truly get to know those people that went before us. I am SO EXCITED to think that my Great, great grandparents did know the Scribner family. And now I am associating with the relatives that associated with them. Makes me know that I am in Kansas for a reason. WHAT A SMALL WORLD INDEED! THANK YOU AUNT LORNA!

No comments: