Thursday, January 21, 2010

Thankful Thursday: The Ocean!

Two mornings in a row I have recieved a phone call from my friend who is in CANCUN! and this was our conversation, "I have the windows of our hotel open and I can hear the ocean waves, I didn't realize how relaxing the ocean is." and then I said, "Oh you deserve to listen to the ocean and relax". She is my friend who just lost both of her parents in the month of December. After I hung up I remembered back in my childhood day's when we would spend weeks of summers on our grandparents beach property. Not only did I LOVE the sound of the ocean. I loved jumping the waves and watching the tide come in and out. And the sand between my toes. And the feeling of no cares in the world. Awe.... I need to plan an ocean trip again! And so I am THANKFUL for the beauty of the earth and the peace that it brings when life kinda gets out of our control! THANKFUL TO GOD FOR CREATING SUCH A BEAUTIFUL PLACE!

4 comments:

The Sanderson Fam said...

Ditto! I miss the ocean. I haven't made it to the last couple family reunions in North Carolina...maybe this year.

Terrence and Laura said...

I am so glad she got to go on vacation. Well deserved! However, in a way (when you don't actually have to leave the house) Walking outside into total silence as the huge flakes of heavy snow fall is evidence of the Lords beautiful creations as well. I love that silence.

Hawaii Heather said...

You know- you happen to have some relatives that live 2 miles away from the ocean. You are welcome to visit them and the ocean anytime.
We provide free room and board with a standard air mattress and fabulous home cooked food :)

Sharon said...

We really need to plan a trip to see you Heather! XO