Thursday, January 14, 2010

Thankful Thursday: Remember Lots Wife!

In my sleepless night I had the tv on for about 5 hours! I love listening to KBYU! Devotionals and Scripture Study. So this is what I was reminded of last night! Lots Wife -- When she looked back she turned into a pillar of salt. She may have looked back possibly for one reason: because she couldn't let go of the past. 1- Definetly DO NOT LOOK BACK! Do not dig up the past! Especially the bad! FORGET IT and MOVE ON 2- MOVE FORWARD although some of "the good ol' day's" seem to be something we treasure. We shouldn't go Back. Set goals for the future- "THE FUTURE IS BRIGHT" When I was listening I was really thinking of some of my "TREASURED MEMORIES" as a child. Awe yes those were the days! I was blessed. Then again, we always say, "if I could go back I would change things" Today is a NEW DAY! Start now with a CLEAN SLATE and PRESS ON! I am giving myself this talkin' too. So THANKFUL to have the Scriptures and so many resources to help us understand the scriptures that help me everyday!

2 comments:

Terrence and Laura said...

Such a good message. Thank you for your strength and faith to help us all get through the bad. Trials sure put in perspective what we're all grateful for.

Britt's Clan said...

That is so cool!! I need to tell myself that over and over and over again. Most days I say that I wish I could start over, go back even if just a few years. I need to be reminded that the future is bright and I need to look forward not back.