Tuesday, August 31, 2010

THANKFUL TUESDAY: I'm smiling and grumbling????

Oooo -- I might have the GRrrrrrssss today????
Yep,
First thing this morning
I rushed to the County Building
to tag (lisence)my car.
Yep,
it's the last day of the month.
I anticipated a line.
But to my dismay
I was the first one there.
Yay,
and then...
the new person helping me noticed that the registration needed
2 signatures.
My first response?
WHAT? Our names don't include a
and/or???
with a gnarly face.
HOW EMBARRASSING (the gnarly face)...
So
I waited for Mr. Clark to get out of the refinery so that he could sign his name.
Made my trek back to the County Building
Only to find out that
It "DOES" have the and/or.
Still
I embarrassed myself grumbling under my breath (sorta).
btw- I apologized... Although she made a mistake
I probably didn't make her day with my gnarl..
Sorry County People
I'm sure you get that all day!
My first clue, "I might have the
Grrrssssss.
Never the less
I AM THANKFUL
to get my car tagged :)
BUT
when I tried to get home...
Our road is being tore up.
THIS IS A GOOD THING!
You see,
our road has OUTRAGEOUS POT HOLES!
yes, it might be the reason a four wheel drive is a must! LOL
I could go on for a day about
how HIGH KANSAS TAXES ARE
and how "RIDICULOUS"
(I love that word! Elder Holly's fav. word! LOL)
"SPECIALS" are when it comes to road maintenance...
It had to get to this point to be
THANKFUL
I GET to pay for a nice road
(when we get a real road)
and
to have no road, rather then a pot hole road!
My point is...
It's possible to have the GRrrssssss
and
still be SMILING :)
and Thankful that this is all I have to grumble about...

2 comments:

Terrence and Laura said...

And then you get to leave! Maybe when you get back it will be done? That sure would be nice! ha ha Can't wait to see you!

Lei said...

It's always good to find the silver lining!