Monday, November 10, 2008

Mindful Monday- His Presence

Today I would say that I am emotionally grateful. Remember my friend I told you about that had major challenges in her life and her example makes "a difference to me" (Aug. post) I talked to her yesterday. She has been with her Son and his wife (who have been married for just 1 year.) They found out that SHE has a brain tumor that is sitting on her brain stem. They are doing surgery today. This young bride is 19. Her husband has not left her side. So I've been praying and pondering all night about them. First of all I can't imagine ONE family going through so many intense trials. And secondly I have to think about how much I personally rely on God to get me through.Just the small day to day things. How grateful I am that we have a Heavenly Father who is there for us in times of intense hardship. I am grateful I can feel his presence and his arms around me in any crises. Also how grateful I am for my minimal problems. After listening to my friend. I had to think---what problems do I have(besides what Clark is challenged with) I can't imagine- not even an inkling what their family is going through. I will continue to pray for them and remind myself that life is precious. I want to take each one of my kids and hold them and kiss on them and comfort them, and tell them how much each one of them means in my life, especially at times like these. I am mindful of my family everyday.

1 comment:

Terrence and Laura said...

As we are of you. We love you so much. What a difficult situation. She will be in our prayers as well. Sure makes you appreciate all the little things.