Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Thankful Tueday... Up and Running and VOTING

Yea the computer is up and running. We lost all of our pictures but we are content to start fresh. Clark thinks the good that comes from the bad is that we have to start over on our 'Solitaire' competition. I held the record and it was UNBEATABLE so the challenge is on. Solitaire is what you play when you have no family around to keep you busy... We are also THANKFUL is it a better week. Last week things seemed pretty grim. I am thankful that when I said my prayers I got an immediate answer. It helped me get through not only each moment but each day. I am THANKFUL that I can see something good in each day. I am THANKFUL that a nearly two year old can brighten my day. Just hearing Our Madison say 'I LOVE ooo,I LOVE ooo I MISS ooo,I MISS ooo, BYE BYE , helps me get through the day! I am THANKFUL that TODAY we can move on from the hoopla of this Presidential Campaign. I am THANKFUL that I can exercise my God given right to VOTE . My STRONG opinion and belief in the voting system came from my parents STRONG conviction that we must stand and be counted. If we do not stand and exercise our voice, we should be held accountable when our nation falls. It does make a difference. It makes a difference to GOD. Our Constitution was made by people directed by GOD. It is a nation under GOD and when we don't acknowledge GOD, our nation will FALL. Someone in church said. We can only blame ourselves for the corrupt Government. We have not stood up and stopped it. It reminds me of FOLLOWING A PROPHET. President Hinkley once stated when asked what he will be known for (by a tv anchor)he said "the Prophet no one listened to" man that struck me in the heart. Then I heard the conversion story of a friend of mine. She said when she was fourteen she decided to read the bible. After reading the first three books she asked her mother why the people acted the way they did. Her mother replied, "NO ONE LISTENED to the PROPHETS" she replied, "If I heard a Prophet speak I would listen" a few weeks later the missionaries knocked at her door. She made a promise to herself that she would always listen to the Prophets because she was so glad to know that we have living Prophet's today. The Prophet is warning us today. For one- he encourages us to VOTE. To make the best decision after studying it out. And also to prepare our families for life. Reading the scriptures- learning from the mistakes others have made. Praying with all our hearts,for our children, our families, the missionaries, the military, our country. Serving others and applying the Atonement of Jesus Christ in our lives. I have not always been perfect in Following the Prophet. But I love him and I will follow him in faith.

1 comment:

Britt's Clan said...

I hope all is well w/you both. Glad to hear you are up and running I missed you.... Oh ya I agree w/the voting and yes I voted this morning after standing in line for an hour!! (I know if could be worse)