Saturday, March 21, 2009

Look familar:(

DeJaVu... Just 7 months ago Clark spent 9 days in the hospital due to surgery on his diabetic toe.Yes when we went to Utah this passed week Mr. Clark takes off his sock and SURPRISE! His toe is oozing with infection. Sooooo when we got home back to the Dr. we went. They cut into his toenail. I have been battling this toe nail from turning in for a month. GRRR. Back on antibiotics. A constant battle to keep is toe... Update: Sunday March 22, Toe is doing great it is already down to a bandaid without any redness. SHEW Update: Monday March 23, I always speak too soon and either jinx whatever I feel hopeful about. Tonight Clarks toe is throbbing and shooting with pains up his leg. It's late at night therefore I tend to worry even more. I hope it is a sign of healing. I need nurse Pam! She was our wound care nurse for 3 months. I think tomorrow I will call her. Just for peace of mind. I have doctored the toe and prayed over it. It's the best I can do for tonight.
Update: Monday, March 30, toe is doing great. Still doctoring it and it is a little red but Dct. said it is progressing well and will take a good two weeks or more to heal.

3 comments:

Ess said...

DARN IT!!!

Marianne said...

So sad about hubby's toe! Is he a diabetic like my hubby? I know that they always have foot problems.
It looks like you had a fun trip to Utah! We have had some really nice weather, but now a big storm is supposed to be moving in tomorrow. They said maybe SNOW on Monday. Bummer!

Britt's Clan said...

I pulled out a gray hair yesterday I think it is from worrying about my Jark... :( I hope he is doing better... Give him my love and you too for being so strong and taking such good care of him. LV U guys.