Monday, March 30, 2009

Miraculous Monday

HA--- the sun came out and we experienced a nice day yesterday with the exception of trying to scrape our windows for church. Glad no one was taking a picture of me taking the shovel to chip the ice away after breaking my scraper:( Luckily Elder Albaugh was hollering at me to prevent me from busting my windshield! OOoooopsie! 1/2 inch to 1 1/2 inch thick Ice... On Sundays I pick up a college girl to take her to church and I got stuck in the parking lot:( not from deep snow but no traction on the ICE COVERED parking lot. Just kept spinning those tires. We have the miracle of power back on, but a single sister and her son still do not have power so they came over for the day yesterday. Another miracle is that I always have enough food? Honestly, I feel sometimes like the miracle of the loaves and fishes is Jesus's time. I can't describe it, but I recognize that as a blessing. By the way we had Stacie's Chicken Pot Pie (from the meal exchange) and it was YUMMY. I also experienced the blessing of having a good friend who after we ate cleaned my whole kitchen! THANKS MAMA BEAR!!!!!! YOU ARE MY MIRACLE FRIEND! and YES the miracle of the Ice Shimmering Trees. Couldn't capture the beauty with my camera you had to see it for yourself.

2 comments:

Marianne said...

I am so tired of SNOW! We came out of church yesterday and had to scrape a bunch of it off our cars. At least we didn't have ice storms and power outages like you. That must have been a real pain! Hopefully warm weather will come really soon!

Ess said...

You made me chuckle about the shovel sounds like something I would do and then the next moment in tears because of your kind words. You are such a good friend I would do ANYTHING for you. :)