Tuesday, March 3, 2009

TIMELESS TUESDAY: My Aunt Lou

This is the only picture I own of my Aunt Lou. This is a picture of My Moms Siblings and My Grandma. Front row is: Aunt Lou, Grandma, My Mom, Aunt Linda Back row is: Aunt Lorna, Uncle Jim and Aunt Jill.
I just realized I missed My Aunt Lou's birthday in February. HAPPY LATE B-DAY AUNT LOU! who is shshshshs-- 80 years young!
She is one of the people in my life that has "MADE A DIFFERENCE TO ME" I have been fortunate to have the greatest AUNTS in the WORLD! My Mom's Sisters and Uncle Jim's wife, Aunt Jeanne have been my hero's all my life. Among them is Aunt Lou who is the most special person you'll meet. She is blessed with such talents. She loves gardening. Her yard is picture perfect and she works hard and takes great pride in every plant. She loves to make quilts (like her mom and my mom!) She is a member of a quilting guild and enjoys those retreats! She is known as the quilt lady and has made quilts for every baby in her church and nieces and nephews. She doesn't just do basic quilts she pieces blocks together which makes them an art. I have a few treasures from Aunt Lou. She is an incredibly hard worker and retired from Boeing. She was a single parent and was and is a great MOM. A Great Grandma and a GREAT GREAT Grandma! My children spent a short time with Aunt Lou while Mom had cancer. In that time they felt her love. They will always place Aunt Lou as their ANGEL AUNT. In the time that she stayed beside my Mom during her last months, she became a treasure to our family. We were all so lucky to have her by our side during this difficult time. Aunt Lou is a lot like my Mom. She never stops! She always has a project! She is always being so careful to take care of her health. She has enjoyed longevity. We are so blessed to have her in our lives. SHE IS AN ANGEL AMONG US. I LOVE HER WITH EVERY OUNCE OF MY BEING!

No comments: