Thursday, February 11, 2010

THANKFUL THURSDAY: SURVIVAL MODE!

I have learned today that when flying in an airplane the first thing they tell you is to LOOK for the exit sign nearest you. (you have to visually check them out so in the event you have to use them your brain will go into auto mode) Because in the event of a CRASH chances are you won't be able to get to the front door. I like to think I always have a PLAN A, and if that doesn't work a PLAN B and then last but not least a PLAN C. I just had this talk with my son Tyrel a few weeks ago. It was about a different subject but he was telling me "we always had a back up plan, if plan A didn't work, we resorted to plan B and if that didn't work we had a plan for that plan...Never leaving any idol time." (ya... he was talking about missionary work)I think that it has been the way I have survived a few crisis's(In AUTO MODE). Maybe the benefit of being a little pessimistic. Planning for THE WORSE and EXPECTING THE BEST. Then there are times when the unexpected happens and keeps happening and you can't do anything to change it. I have learned from close friends the importance of trying to find something NORMAL in everyday to SURVIVE it. NORMAL is always changing. My normal is amazingly quiet these day's. SURVIVAL MODE COMES IN SPURTS. Not so welcome when the crisis occurs but GRATEFUL we have a SURVIVAL MODE!

1 comment:

Sandy, Sisters of Season said...

Living with faith . . means "being uncomfortably content" gratitude means everything! Enjoyed the post.