Friday, December 3, 2010

#2 Treasured Memories at Christmas- Our very own Santa's Helper (re-post)

Tyrel's FIRST yeas as 'Santa'
Love this picture of Tyrel and his baby sister, Elyse

Our very own 'Santa' (DAD) 1988



Christmas 1987


Tyrel is not sure he likes 'Santa' (GRANDPA) 1984





 Elyse loves Santa (Grandpa)



"I believe 'Santa' (Grandpa) will bring me EVERYTHING I want!" Terrence 1994


Our first experience being Santa's helper was when Clark was approached by Zions Bank to help out at their Christmas Party. It brought in $100. dollars. After two or three events that year we had an extra special Christmas.
 
We made it tradition that instead of earning money we would use it as a service.
THE TIME OF OUR LIVES!
All three of our children have always helped 'Santa' (Grandpa) and 'Santa'  (Dad) as their special ELVES.  One year in particular, Elyse went as Santa's Elf with Santa (Dad). She has awesome memories of delivering Christmas for a special family. The joy they experienced helping this family will never be forgotten.
 Being Santa's helper began with Grandpa Mac. When he started the tradition in Pleasant Grove because of his nice round belly and HO HO HO! And a Mrs. Santa beside him. He has done it so consistently that several families has only known one Santa. It is awesome to get pictures of the kids on Grandpa Santa's knee.
A legacy of Santa's helpers.
Special Memories

2 comments:

Sharon said...

Britt, do you have pictures of Gram and Gramps as Mr and Mrs. Santa?

Britt's Clan said...

I love those pics of the kids!! They are sooo CUTE!!! I do have a picture of Grandma and Grandpa together I can make you a copy or scan it into the computer tonight and email it to you.... Let me know (by email so I get it I don't know if I will remember to check here...:O)