Wednesday, December 1, 2010

#7 Treasured Memories of Christmas- Christmas Disappointment (re-post)


So it was one of those years that I was doomed for Disappointment. I had to be 12 or 13? I had went to my father's "Workshop". I don't remember if I was looking for a tool or nail or hammer or what? But I was NOT on a mission to find any Christmas presents. We had been warned forever that if we searched for our Christmas presents we wouldn't get it. So I literally didn't want to find any present. Mom and Dad usually hid them in the broom closet above the stairs so I avoided that location. Any way I had asked for a 'tape recorder'. Kinda funny because it was the big thing to me. If we would have had 'boom boxes' in that day that's what I would have wanted. So in looking for whatever it was I was in the workshop for I found a 'tape recorder.' Now just so you know. It was not hidden very well at all. Just sitting in plain site. I WAS CRUSHED. My Parents were ones to keep their word. If they said something they meant it and followed through with punishment! I of course did not keep it from my parents. I had the habit of spilling the beans if I was guilty. Hmmmm must be where you get it from Tyrel! So my Mother told me I would not be getting a tape recorder. I didn't want anything else so Christmas was doomed to be a disappointment. So on Christmas morning, I went into the front room and there sat a beautiful red velvet doll. It stood about 24 inches tall and the dress flowed wide with a wire skirt. I didn't want to sound unappreciative so I almost in tears said, "I love it Mom and Dad, the doll is beautiful" Mom said pick it up, and I was like uh it's not one you would play with but more for show. So I did and guess what --there was the tape recorder hidden under the doll. It was one of my most memorable Christmas's.

No comments: