Friday, December 3, 2010

#3 Treasured Memories of Christmas- The Tobogan (re-post)

This is Jason, Mike, Goldie, Robert and Paul
This is Terrence, Alaina, Elyse and Eric (I think Tyrel is the one with his head cut off behind Alaina?)
Through the years tobogganing became a winter favorite. We would hook it to a truck and pull it all over our families farm. Miles and Miles of "Dooters" circles and figure eights all over the fields.
Another one of my favorite memories (we have it on video rather than pictures ) was when the truck went around in circles and dumped all the kids on board. Terrence got up and he looked like an abominable snowman. That was another LOL moment as he waddled back to the house. It wasn't funny to him he was just a little tyke.
Growing up, we did the same thing accept my father would hook sleds onto the back of our station wagon and we would sled down the main road of American Fork Canyon. Not such a safe idea. We were fortunate not to get hurt. It was a another fun winter memory of growing up.

4 comments:

Eden said...

I found your blog!!! I'm not a sledding person, I don't like to be so cold.

Terrence and Laura said...

Man that thing was fun! I remember getting all bundled up in insulated coveralls and letting Terrence and Todd drive. (bad idea) We would fly off and roll for yards and yards in the snow. Wish we could do it again. I'm sure Kylie would have a blast!

Robert and Heather in Hawaii said...

Sharon I can't even believe you! That's ME (Robert) not Tyrell on the toboggan. I would recognize my dad's green hat, overalls, and most of all my double chin anywhere!
BTW- I love your memories- they bring back tons for me.

Britt's Clan said...

So fun!! I don't think I participated very much in this but I do remember it. I miss those days.. Getting together w/all the cousins and everyone getting along and having a GREAT time... Time passes by way to fast!!:(