Tuesday, December 21, 2010

To our Dear Friend. Courage and Determination is her motto!

This post is dedicated to Terry.
Our friend who has dedicated her life to make others feel Important.
Terry is One of the Secretaries that works with  Mr. Clark.
She does so many BIG things for Clark. But it's the little seemingly small things that mean so, so much too. And they don't go unappreciated.
 He's say's, "without Terry, my job is much more difficult and time consuming. "
Like changing Mr. Clarks computer Screen to a "fishing" scene. Or uploading a picture of the grandchildren or A picture of deer that Tyrel sent to his Dad.
She loads his candy dishes with *sugar free candy. She even stows away bubble gum in Mr. Clarks drawer for when I come by! She makes his lists, does his  shopping. Makes his appointments, places orders for him, she has been his personal spell check and editor! She keeps him in line! She has gone beyond the task of merely a secretary, thats just the kind of person she is.
Terry has been a support and special friend to both Mr. Clark and I since the day we arrived in Kansas.
She adopted us and put us under her wing.
She has made us feel like family.
She made and brought us dinner after we spent 14 weeks in a hotel, eating restraurant food.
(waiting for our homes to close)
She thought we could use a home cooked meal. 
Thats when we learned that in Kansas they like to eat Chicken and Noodles on Potatoes.
Clark knew this was the place for him!
 She has also become my very dear friend.
We have made it a tradition to go to lunch once a month.
We both love Mexican Food and our Husbands don't care for it.
 I have loved her listening ear and special friendship.
She made sure she welcomed me into the community by inviting me to her church activities.
 I loved it!  
I had never been to any other church in my lifetime so I appreciated being welcomed in.
The basket social being among my FAVORITE!
Two weeks ago, Terry found out she has cancer of the lypnodes, lung and liver. She is a woman of great courage. As we went to her home to give her some encouragement and love, guess what... She was encouraging and comforting us.
Clark said to me today, "Oh if I can just have that same attitude that she has when I am sick"
 We will keep her example of STRENGTH in our hearts.
Words can not describe our heartfelt sadness.
I think because we've seen others suffer similar circumstances it makes it even harder to except that a dear person to us has to suffer in any way.
How can we be joyous in December. I've been pondering the thought a lot lately.
We have to know that God has a plan for us. Life on this earth is just a step in the direction of Eternity. And Christ was BORNLIVED to be a perfect example, SUFFERED in Gethsemne and and DIED on the cross for each one of us.
  That he might take upon us the suffering, afflictions, our grief, and most importantly our sins. 
A wondrous gift to us.
May we call him WONDERFUL, COUNSELOR and give THANKS for his Birth and Life. For he is the reason, we can remember to  be joyous during December.  
YES, December throws some wammo's at us. But what a better time to remember the purpose of life. How precious it is. We never know when our time to leave it will be upon us. So it is a perfect time to show extra-love to others. Mend a wrong. Show kindness to others. It's seems that we all have our own sufferings and hard ships this time of year. How nice it feels when someone does something kind for us, not knowing our pain or grief.
Another good reason for the season.
 God Bless you all!
Prayers continue to
 Bless our Friend with continued strength.
We love you Terry!


2 comments:

Britt's Clan said...

Oh that breaks my heart...I work with two people that are going through Chemo for cancer and it is so hard....It is a nasty thing to happen to good people.

Meg said...

Sharon,
Our prayers go out to Terry-What a sad circumstance.
I serve on the Cancer Society Board and I have heard many heart-breaking stories, but it is so hard when you know them personally...She sounds like a wonderful person...she will go through this with grace, which is the best way!!!
Margaret